• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Round Two (of Two) - RESULTS
    I sleep peacefully in the furthest depths of the warren, dreaming of my youth. It seems like only yesterday that I was a small Koakling who bickered with his siblings. Suddenly, a voice beckons me from my slumber. As I roll one black eye open, I see spy one of the younger rabbits gasping for air.

“<I>There is someone approaching, Ignatius!</i>” she cries.

“<I>I think you mean King Ignatius, don’t you?</i>” I slur as I rise up onto my feet. My subjects, who are forgetful as it is, frequently address me by my name still. It is to adjust to, I suppose, as my crowning is rather nudiustertian. My father is not even cold in his grave yet. Everyone needs time to adapt to my reign and come to terms with our collective loss.

The young rabbit leads the way up the winding tunnels until the blinding light of the day comes beaming through the mouth of our fair warren. All the others have already gathered to stare down the pair - a fox and a rather unsightly horse of some kind. Despite the impressive size of my people, the equine remains firmly in place while the fox turns tail and runs the moment we make eye contact. I’ll have to work harder to scare off this lingering foe, it seems.

With a deep inhale and a ferocious grin to show off all my many teeth, I issue a rather uncouth belch that makes even the ground beneath my paws shudder with disgust. Either my enemy is a fool or rather full of himself, though, because he makes no move. He just stands there, menacingly. Am I doomed? Should I just ask him nicely? I glare at him and await whatever response he may give.

Messages In This Thread
    Round Two (of Two) - RESULTS - by Beqanna Fairy - 12-09-2020, 11:44 AM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by Ionia - 12-09-2020, 01:36 PM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by Tiercel - 12-11-2020, 07:40 PM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by sleaze - 12-12-2020, 06:05 PM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by Viridis - 12-13-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by Wight - 12-13-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by avocet - 12-13-2020, 08:22 PM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by Grove - 12-13-2020, 10:25 PM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by grimjaw - 12-14-2020, 12:12 AM
    RE: Round Two (of Two) - by Beqanna Fairy - 12-18-2020, 11:20 PM