• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  playing hard to forget

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

He'd hoped to find his daughters.

With each returning visit to Taiga (or Nerine) that Nashua made, the striped pegasus found himself marveling at all the ways his daughters seemed to be constantly changing. Lumi seemed to spend more time with Noel (not that it bothered Nashua, it gave him an excuse to spend more time with her as well) than Ellie did, who seemed ready to strike out on her own the moment she had stood.

His eldest daughter was fearless and that... that made Nashua realize a whole new kind of fear.

Nashua had hoped that one of Yanhua's children might temper her wildstorm spirit, or at least steady it. But the winged girl spoke of her future adventures (and his knotted heart wondered if this was how Lilliana had felt when he had been small), of her desire to want to train and learn how to be a great warrior. Her pale head would tilt impishly up and tell her sire: 'Maybe I'll even be in the Alliance one day.' He had laughed and then told her, 'You'll probably get further than I did, too.'

The pegasus wonders if his divided time between the Isle and the mainland makes his family suffer (but then Leilan is his family as well). He worries about it but then the moments like this happen, where @[Oren] happily greets him and Nash feels like no time has passed at all. His younger brother is grinning and the older stallion grins back, a daredevil smile that reflects the sky that had he dived from (even as a new father, Nashua still enjoys his aerial thrills). His chestnut brow lifts at the colt's question and his sibling prompts him with: "What says you?" Was Oren wandering? He wouldn't be Lilliana's first child born with the wanderlust motivating his steps.

"I'd hoped to find her," the pegasus explains. "Have you seen her today?"

Or had the boy already been looking for adventure before their mother woke?

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    playing hard to forget - by Nashua - 12-18-2020, 04:10 PM
    RE: playing hard to forget - by Oren - 01-11-2021, 12:07 PM
    RE: playing hard to forget - by Nashua - 01-15-2021, 12:00 PM
    RE: playing hard to forget - by Oren - 02-25-2021, 12:41 PM
    RE: playing hard to forget - by Nashua - 03-04-2021, 02:49 PM