• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; aquaria
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    It is strange how the darkness makes them all uncomfortable. They spend half their lives in the night, walking beneath the twinkling constellations or meeting under the distant glow of the moon. Yet the night has always ended; the constellations and moon had always given their control over to the sun so it could invite warmth and life into the soil. This rhythm has been their lives — the rise of the sun, the glow of the moon and stars, the rise of the sun — and it makes them all nervous when the ritual suddenly stops.

Tiercel hadn’t seen her on the beach, the shadows looking even darker outside the glow of the underwater plankton. Her voice startles him (the darkness has made him uncomfortable, too) and he sends a sharp arrow of peace in her direction. The emotion has kept his cave protected so far, and he has walked with it like an aura around him while he travels. Tiercel hopes that the emotion will subdue whoever has just spoken, especially if it is something dangerous.

But the voice speaks again, calmer and apologetic, and so he gently pulls the peace from her. He walks in her direction, still dripping with saltwater, and says, “My name is Tiercel. I’m not dangerous.” His only weapons are his emotions, which press and roll and seethe within him like a stormy ocean. When Tiercel draws close enough to see her pale face, he comes to a stop. “I didn’t mean to scare you.” There are much scarier things in the darkness, he is sure.
    tiercel.

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; aquaria - by Tiercel - 01-05-2021, 03:25 PM