• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana)
    The golden mare was and always had been adept at surprising him. At every turn, it felt as though she were one step ahead, and he could only claw his way through to try and keep up. It was exciting, truth be told, and Tana enjoyed the challenge of her company more than he'd ever be willing to admit. 

That, paired with the contrast of Catcher's more subtle nature, made the three of them a remarkably well balanced trio, at least in his mind. Gold, silver and electrum, all worthy of adoration. There is nothing in the world quite like the adoration of a dragon. 

His initial surprise quickly gave way to a thrill of excitement. Success, the dragon called it, in the most primal of undertakings. A gravelly thrum, like the purring of an enormous cat, vibrated in his chest. He turned to recapture the curve of her neck beside his. "Give me a moment to absorb it," he requested, pressing a scorching kiss to her angled brow. 

"There," he followed up with, only a heart beat later. "I've absorbed it. I am surprised, excited and, assuming it's mine-" he paused on a wicked note. "Somehow both pleased and disappointed that it took so very little effort to achieve." He grinned into the dark, feeling the satisfaction of passing on his genetic material once again. 

In his youth, there had been a spate of minor flings, some of which he could only assume had resulted in offspring. And there had been Venus, and the children she had mothered far better than he had fathered. A childhood romance taken too far, he had eventually concluded. A lesson that had drawn him to be far more selective with his regard. 

In that was, he was very excited. Eyas, and the strange, convoluted way their lives had tangled together had been more than a surprise. Once he would have felt little more than inconvenience at her death, likely because he would have been the one doing the killing. Or the dying. It had been either or for a time. Now he knew that between her and a mountain of raw ore and succulent jewels, he would choose the contrary mare. And would only cry a little about it. Now she was carrying his offspring, and that feeling grew. He nuzzled her, uncharacteristically soft in the moment. 

They were his treasure; and he knew without doubt that he would raze continents to keep them safe. 

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana) - by Santana - 01-15-2021, 09:44 PM