• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana)

And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love

Strange, this weather they were having. Strange how Eyas felt happier than she ever had before under a killing moon. Odd and warm; the feeling of Santana’s sharp kisses. The way he spoke of their unborn foal. How he looked at her, insistent that she was carrying a filly instead of a colt, and Eyas only laughed. That was so like Santana - to disagree with her just for the sake of being disagreeable. She wouldn’t have him any other way.

“You’re hopeless.” Eyas sighed, rolling her vanta eyes sarcastically. “Firecracker? Hellbeast?” She chuckled. “Brash is the only one that’d suit your son. Brash little boy. I can see him now - terrorizing every square inch of this Island. More lizard than horse.” She threatened, but the sudden vision she procured of the little demon made her surprisingly... giddy.

Silently, the world around them shifted. Santana would know by now what she was doing, and she made it so that he could blink away the phantom of her making if he wished. (She knew how he felt about her witchcraft.) But the longing inside of her brought false life to the thing: she could make it so the world was a bit brighter, just light enough to see a leggy colt of her imagination dancing kiddishly over the shoreline waves.

And then, with a smile, she let the image of her dream boy fade away.
    “I guess we could plan for the event of a daughter, too.” Eyas grimaced playfully, “But a bigger part of me wants to see what she’ll look like first. She could be a Lepys for all we know, taking after my mother. Or an Ehko, more like you.” Her head tilted gently, contemplative. “I don’t even want to think about a Carbon Copy.” Eyas frowned.

She shuddered, leaning back into the steady countenance of Santana’s winged shoulder. Always, Eyas had loved the way she could still be tucked in close beside him without causing pain to herself. She was so small, and he was so large, that even with the both of them being "flyers" neither one got their wings tangled. A small comfort, but so significant in this moment.

“I’m tired.” She sighed again, happily. “When you finish up here, would come find me later?” The little buckskin asked Santana.

@[Santana]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sidewalk scenes and black limousines (Santana) - by Eyas - 02-11-2021, 05:34 PM