• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we danced on the edge of a silver sky

Mesec isn’t sure why he had thought it would be difficult to find her, because as soon as it happens he believes there was no way he could have mistaken her for anyone else. There may as well be a spotlight on her and he banks his wings and lands immediately, wading through the dark grass to reach her. “Alaska.” Though her name had been on his mind since his death, there is a pleasure in being able to speak it out loud again.

He feels the syllables of it like he feels the tendrils of vegetation against his legs when he comes to stand before her so that the moon-soft glow from his body highlights her features.

Should he apologize first or explain? There’s a moment where he’s just dazzled by her, by this moment that he had spent so much time thinking about. “There was a gateway…” Whatever explanation he had been planning on giving, whatever he was going to say, he trails off when his silver gaze catches on the black lock of hair. Even in the darkness he can tell it is not part of her usual red mane, the contrast against her pale coat is too great.

Feeling his heart race once more in his chest brings an immense comfort. And when his eyes move to hers, there is no way to quantify the smile that shines through him.

“I hope it’s not too forward of me - but I took the liberty of giving us more time.”

Mesec

@[alaska]

Messages In This Thread
    we danced on the edge of a silver sky - by Mesec - 01-09-2021, 05:04 PM
    RE: we danced on the edge of a silver sky - by Mesec - 01-17-2021, 06:20 PM