• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we danced on the edge of a silver sky

Relief rushes through Mesec like a flood when she closes the gap between them and he savours the feeling of her skin on his, his name on her lips as she presses it into him and he loses himself in the scent of her. His own tears rise as he becomes so overwhelmed with happiness, with the sensation of being alive, and with her.

That this incredible, free, wild mare could be so happy to see him causes his heart to thunder in his chest and his skin prickles with a forgotten delight where she touches him. The world, the darkness, death itself, does not exist for them. Not here.

He takes a moment to admire her when she steps back, silver eyes tracing her face and her sun-bright golden eyes as they trace him. He does not let the space linger for long before his silver-lined muzzle brushes her cheeks where the tears that match his own rest. “I’m so sorry, I’m glad you were there but I wish you hadn’t had to see…” He swallows, remembering the pain - but he pushes the thoughts of that aside. It doesn’t belong in this moment. It’s his turn to pull back but he pulls on a strand of her wild red mane as he does and his silver eyes shine.

“I’ll follow you anywhere, Alaska.” Dying for Loess seems silly now and Mesec isn’t sure he wants to return there at all. How could he, after what happened? The need to belong somewhere has faded - and in her presence it is non-existent.

This is enough.

Mesec

@[alaska]

Messages In This Thread
    we danced on the edge of a silver sky - by Mesec - 01-09-2021, 05:04 PM
    RE: we danced on the edge of a silver sky - by Mesec - 01-31-2021, 06:15 PM