• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we danced on the edge of a silver sky

If am lost, I am lost on purpose.

The moment could never last long enough—not matter how long they stayed here like this. The feeling of tears on her cheeks is entirely foreign but she embraces them all the same. Embraces them for the way that they remind her of him. That the tears that had once been something made entirely of sorrow are instead now made entirely of relief. She could live forever in this moment and it wouldn’t be enough.

They break apart and she can feel her heart racing—feel her pulse thudding painfully against her ribs. When he speaks again, her face splits open into a grin, her eyes still watery. “Then you’re going to be walking for a very long time,” she says with a laugh, the sound thick with the tears still and she rolls her shoulders as if to laugh at herself, unused to the display of emotion but still unembarrassed.

“I’ve never had a home before,” she admits, but she doesn’t feel particularly sad about it. She had left her mother when she was young, on accident more than anything, and while she had stayed with Wolfbane for a short while, that hadn’t been home either. Since then, she had wandered—constantly wandered.

She takes another step toward him, pulled as if by gravity.

“I think maybe I’m home now though,” her smile is small, barely noticeable against the pull of her lips.

She reaches forward to press her nose into the curls of his black mane, against the silver of him.

“I think you might be my home.”

Alaska

@[Mesec]

Messages In This Thread
    we danced on the edge of a silver sky - by Mesec - 01-09-2021, 05:04 PM
    RE: we danced on the edge of a silver sky - by alaska - 02-20-2021, 01:31 AM