• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  take the black out of the night, jamie
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    She can’t say that she relates, but she nods her head as if she understands. She has never been weak, but she has never exactly been strong, either. When she was younger she had learned that she would never be able to physically force anyone to bend to her will—she had to learn how to persuade their minds. Most of them were easy. She was pretty, with that galaxy-color spilled across her brilliant white, and those unreadable black eyes that somehow managed to spark with life and an unnamable kind of energy. She knew how to fake interest, how to pull things from them without them even realizing. 

And if they didn't find her pretty enough all on her own there were her illusions, the ability to turn herself into something they did want to please. It was perhaps her favorite trick, to be able to look like anything they wanted, and so far, it always worked.

So it was enough for her, usually, to just simply be pretty, until she found herself face to face with someone that could do something she could not—fight.

Thankfully, he accepts her offer, and while the smile on her lips is a small one, it is also pleased. “I’m glad you agree. I’ve never claimed to be much of a fighter, so it would be a shame for harm to come to Pangea due to my own short-comings.” She did not want to admit that she hated that; hated that she relied on others to help her keep her position, hated that if everyone turned on her she would be entirely helpless. She hoped, though, that as long as she at least had Beyza, and even Jamie, even remotely on her side—or at least, on Pangea’s side—that it would discourage anyone from coming for them.

“I don’t have a concrete plan,” she answers him honestly. “I think, for now, I just want to strengthen what we have. I like the idea of having a variety of talents., but I think it’s best to build on that slowly.” She pauses thoughtfully, pressing her lips together, before saying, “But if you ever come across anyone with a useful ability to add to our arsenal, convince them to come.”

Here, she tilts her shapely head, the smallest of smiles, almost demure, curling at the edge of her lips. “What is your talent, Jamie?”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take the black out of the night, jamie - by Desire - 02-22-2021, 11:33 PM