• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What are men to rocks and mountains; any

It's cold, but it is a familiar kind of cold. Winter has left, but Nerine's air is always fresh. It wasn't when I disappeared, but it is now. With a content sigh I lift my nose to smell the salty breeze, the one thing that hasn't changed. With it comes a scent of burning wood, but it's not the kind of burning that I've known before. This seems like a small fire on the wind, far away, non threatening.

With the sea breeze comes my friend, as well. She seems so much older, or maybe that's just the surprise in her voice. I can't quite see her, not in the way that I should, but I know the hesitation in how she places her hoofs, recognize her scent and her voice to know who it is I'm talking to. I let out a small sound that is almost a chuckle when she starts to question me. "Here. I've been right here this whole time." I tell her. Feeling around further, I sigh. "Sorry about the mess. I'll fix that... tomorrow." I can't do it right now, I feel too drained. I know deep in my heart that I must have caused this - I'd only recognized that I had tapped into the elemental magic when it was too late; when I was already awake and Muirín had slid into the world amidst the earth's thunder.

I call to the salty breeze with a reserve I didn't know I had, and change it's direction just this once. I can't feel it myself, but the distant smoky scent is gone when I direct a breeze from the sea towards @[lilliana]. My soft-spoken voice follows up, warm but with caution, as if there is someone, or something, I instinctively know I should not wake - if I hadn't already. "What happened here?" Why does Nerine feel empty and dark and disconsolate?

Eurwen
    what are men to rocks and mountains?

@[The Monsters] Can you mess around with her Wind Exhalation?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: What are men to rocks and mountains; any - by Eurwen - 02-25-2021, 09:24 AM