• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sinking soul, there you are - SORREN

The light that meets the dark

Her focus and kindness had been for the little bird. Not for the creature that crept on jagged-clawed paws through the shadows, rising to come and greet an unsuspecting Cheri.

Just look at that mess, she thought with a frown, studious over her newest patient. She heard nothing; not until the manticore wanted her to, and when he did the sound of his voice piercing the quiet startled Cheri out of her skin. Her little head rose and her eyes widened in fear, reacting the way instinct had taught her to. She clenched her jaw and bit back a scream, but the way her neck and head jerked, (and how quickly her legs moved to shuffle her away) betrayed the truth.

A smarter filly would’ve run. Cheri - though she thinks of herself as clever - only bounded a pace or two away before stopping.

“You really shouldn’t sneak up on horses.” The white-spotted pegasus huffed, bent out of shape over the unnecessary pounding inside of her chest and how much she hated herself for spooking. Of course she was terrified, but she didn’t want that thing knowing it. She didn’t want some stranger taking advantage of her, out here in gray territory between lands.

But for all the trouble a talking beast could give her, the manticore had also asked something to give her pause. Exhaling, the taigan mare gathered her legs together again and shook her head, trying to rid herself of every unwanted nerve before she answered him. “I’m not sure, honestly.” She told the half-lion, half-demon. From the corner of her narrowed eyes she watched him settle in beside her. “I’ve never tried to heal a wild animal before.” She admitted.

Her voice softened at the thought.
    Thus far, everything she touched and made right again had been the flesh of their kind - Equus in some way or another. The bird? Healing it was a challenge she set for herself. The pressure had been minimal with no one around to watch; if she failed and nothing happened, then the sorrow would be hers to bear. Now she had an audience, and for some unspoken reason Cheri felt an invisible weight settle over her shoulders that was not her wings.

“I’m certainly going to try.” She muttered, mostly to herself. For appearance sake she flicked an ear and kept it on the hybrid legend, (she was sure now that some magic was at play) and moving one step at time, Cheri folded her legs underneath her and came to rest near the bird who’d settled down again in the dirt. She gave the beast one backward glance - a warning, if he tried anything funny - and then she made herself comfortable.

“So,” The onyx mare asked her odd companion, a means of passing the time while she tried to summon her own strange powers, “are these your woods then? I’m sorry if my presence here… disturbed you.” Cheri assumed.

@[sorren]

Messages In This Thread
    Sinking soul, there you are - SORREN - by Cheri - 01-20-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: Sinking soul, there you are - SORREN - by Cheri - 02-20-2021, 06:54 PM