• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's all up in the air | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The sky overhead never changes as he ambles downhill. There are no stars, no clouds, nothing at all. Gale shivers, but it is not from the cold of the high mountain spring. He will survive a world of eternal darkness, but he is not yet ready to accept that. He has been weighing his options of late, wondering if perhaps it would help to ask the fairies to do something about the eclipse. The brindle horse shakes his head, which sends the white length of his mane rippling down his sides. The sound of a laugh echoes through the darkness, and it takes every fiber of concentration he has to keep from spooking.

Gale had been ready, knowing that this land was likely to be patrolled by things more than capable of knocking him silly. Only that wariness keeps him from reacting in surprise to the sound of someone else nearby. But he recognizes that laugh, and his blue ears flick in Mazikeen’s direction without a single falter in his step.

“I imagine that I’d taste rather bitter,” Gale admits, focusing on the path ahead of him rather than searching through the darkness in search of the speaker. “I ate, like, a dozen sour apples so I’d definitely need to be cooked first.” He stops then, placing his front hoof against a patch of bare stone, and turns his glowing blue gaze on Mazikeen. Gale tilts his head, and smiles, because she looks just like he’d pictured – pale and equine.

“I think that is my favorite shape of yours.” A gesture in her general direction and an appreciative nod accompany this statement of fact. He turns to face her, pivoting on his hind legs to do so, and in doing so moving no closer than where he had stopped on the wide expanse of bare and sloping mountainside. Better to keep his distance, he decides. Just in case. “I can do a whole osprey now,” Gale continues, chattering to fill the wide expanse of space between them. “Would you like to see?!”

His enthusiasm is tangible even from a distance, and he feels as though he would surely be transmitting happiness if he’d inherited any of those maternal gifts.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-24-2021, 05:59 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-26-2021, 08:22 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-27-2021, 07:35 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-27-2021, 08:28 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-28-2021, 08:27 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-30-2021, 07:49 AM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-30-2021, 08:03 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 01-31-2021, 08:32 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 02-01-2021, 09:14 PM
    RE: it's all up in the air | Mazikeen - by Gale - 02-04-2021, 08:55 AM