• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and its harder than you think

(and it's harder than you think)
    telling dreams from one another

He knows it's a foolish hope - it goes against everything they are speaking of now. But Nashua hopes that it will be like this always with his brother, a shining optimism that has yet to be tarnished. Even with the sun gone so long and a million other things to worry for (Noel, the children, their mother, keeping those vile monsters out of Taiga, Illuminae?), @[Yanhua] manages to clear his mind of troubles far better than any altitude that the pegasus might distract himself with.

As his brother always had.

"I could use a dose of it myself," the winged stallion muttered honestly. If patience were a place, Nashua would have gone seeking it out already. Those broad wings of his would have already spread and propelling him to that ever-elusive place of someday. He had always respected his mother's teaching but the striped horse wasn't the type to wait for something to be taken or given; he'd go boldly looking for the thing gone missing, brazenly offer whatever was needed. Yanhua seemed to have infinite patience worthy of the galaxies while Nashua could hardly wait for the winds to change or the tides to turn.

Nash smiles and shakes his blazed head, lifting it again to better survey the shadows.

His copper ears prick at something but nothing materializes and after a moment, Nash turns his attention back to his brother. He'd wondered if Yanhua might have news of his own - more children arriving in the spring, how his quest for Taiga was going, daily life within his little herd - but the taller Taigan only offers an eyebrow raise that makes the smaller one bite back a short laugh. He grins after with a smile that still tugs back to their youth. The expression only softens when they pick up their pace again, weaving purposefully through the Redwoods. "It does," Nashua admits in only a way that he could to his brother.

All this change makes him think of something else.

"Leilan told me about the promotion," Nashua returns in reply. It would perhaps surprise no one that Yanhua - former Champion of Taiga - had been named its heir. His green eyes glance sideways to his brother, watching for any sign of unease or apprehension. The pegasus had certainly felt it when the Freyr had broached the topic of making Nashua his. "So I suppose a congratulations is in order for you as well."

It's only after the moment has passed that his eyes light up. They trace over the glowing wings and Nashua is nearly bursting with pride. A chance to share the skies with Yan? It's more than he could have ever hoped for. It curves against his pale lips in a smirk as he teases Yanhua, "We're going to find you the tallest cliffs in Nerine." He's joking but the striped pegasus can't help but tell his brother, "A good shove and you'll be gone with the wind."

NASHUA

i know I've told you this before but i love the wholesome brosome
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 01-30-2021, 05:06 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 01-31-2021, 02:29 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 02-05-2021, 11:40 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 02-09-2021, 11:57 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 02-18-2021, 05:41 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 02-23-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 03-04-2021, 02:33 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 03-11-2021, 01:26 PM