• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and its harder than you think
    “Oh that.” Yanhua scoffed at his brother. The ‘Promotion’ Nashua was speaking of had been something Lilli had tossed his way now and again when she felt inclined to make Yan worry for no reason at all. Every time he spoke to his mother about that topic, about who would follow in her hoofsteps come time, Yanhua felt his tongue getting heavy and his mind drawing blanks. To him, Taiga without Lilli at the helm just seemed… wrong. And besides, she’d always come back from wherever life took her. Yanhua felt like the ‘promotion’ was merely a backup plan: one he hoped might never be necessary.

“You would be the kind of horse who congratulates another for having a boulder suspended indefinitely above their head. Thanks, though.” Yan flicked one wing playfully at his twin. “At least my boulder is smaller than yours.” He breathed a mock sigh of relief into the quiet dark.

At least in Taiga he could be useful. He and Nash knew these woods, felt at home here. Icicle Isle was a place entirely out of Yanhua’s grasp, but a wild sort of Kingdom perfectly suited for the needs of his flight-prone twin. All the open tundra a pegasus could want, and it came with a pretty price tag in the shape of a royal crown. Leilan, like Lilli, was somewhat of a permanent fixture as King (at least, he was in Yanhua’s mind) who couldn’t have chosen a better successor if he’d personally made one himself, but even still the Chestnut horse with a golden beard of chin hair and twinkling blue eyes couldn’t find an iota’s worth of envy in his heart over Nashua’s good standing.

Taiga he could manage. The entire North? Yanhua could do without, respectfully.

“If you think for one second that I’m going to let you out my line of sight during those lessons, then you really must take me for a fool.” Yanhua bent his neck toward the ground and lifted a hind leg, reaching to scratch an itch behind his ears with one cloven hoof. The wings, though useful enough in this sort of oppressing darkness, managed to get in the way. “I gotta say I no longer envy you the freedom of flight as much as I once did.” He muttered and gave up, slamming the hoof back into the unseen dirt.

“They get heavier all the time, more ‘substantial’ I think. Cheri and Mem’s are the same way. Are your girls giving you heart attacks like you used to give mom? Flapping up into the trees and then swooping down like some maniac bird with hooves? Mine seem to test my limits daily.” Yan painted the memory without his echoes well enough, laughing for the first time in days before he got serious about his own two fillies. It felt good; for the sake of life teaching Nash some of those lessons in patience, Yan also hoped his brother’s eldest two children would be hellcats of the sky. For his own sake he prayed to the wind for guidance. Mem was always off wandering and Cheri… “Both Memorie and her sister managed to ‘accidentally’ wind up in the Eastern territories a few weeks ago. I could’ve tossed them head-over-tail, I was so hot about it.” Yan growled.

As if the Eclipse itself weren’t reason enough to worry.

@[Nashua] this took forever but I was finally in a Yan mood, so I hope it suffices <3

Messages In This Thread
    and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 01-30-2021, 05:06 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 01-31-2021, 02:29 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 02-05-2021, 11:40 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 02-09-2021, 11:57 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 02-18-2021, 05:41 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 02-23-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 03-04-2021, 02:33 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 03-11-2021, 01:26 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 03-26-2021, 11:01 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 04-08-2021, 09:36 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 04-10-2021, 07:19 PM