• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and its harder than you think
    The boulder would always be heavy. In the months to come its weight will increase in manifold ways, and Yan will reject it internally even if he accepts it externally. He will struggle to accept its importance and yet, the gold-winged horse will bear it all for the sake of family. Only then could Yanhua begin to scratch the surface of understanding what his mother and her predecessors have done, stretching back millennia to a time where magic itself was only a fabled whisper.

Lucky horse he is, then, to have a twin like Nashua.

The two slip into conversation about more serious things as easily as they would’ve talked about the changing weather, or the time of night, but there’s no escaping the way Nashua’s voice drops and how that change in tone alters the light mood surrounding the brothers. Yanhua, prone to bouts of seriousness now and then, listens intently and with a happy grin. “I will. I always will.” His eyes flash. Unthinkingly, there comes a moment of silence where he reaches toward the more handsome twin with a gray nose and there he leaves it: nestled among the silver-gold strands of Nashua’s mane where Yan’s breath creates a warm spot before he collects himself again.

In all the worlds there was no better brother to be found. Dimensions could stretch and alter, he and Nashua might be torn apart from one another someday by the will of beings far greater than them, but this moment will never change for Yan. He can feel it becoming a part of something greater than himself, a part of this world. “An eternal memory.” He thought with a smile, hoping that someday after he’s gone it’ll bring another horse comfort.

For now, it brings a much-needed sense of peace to Yanhua’s troubled heart.

“There’s a thought.” Yan chuffed. The hammer necessary to smooth out dents between the Northern and the Eastern territories would have to be a large one, but Yan knows Nash is capable enough to spearhead that project. Reynard could serve as backup here in Taiga if Yan decided to join. The idea wasn’t a pleasant one, at least not as pleasant as a trip to Tephra was. “But it would serve us better in the long run, I think.” Yan considered aloud with a sigh.

The right path to take wasn’t always the smoothest.

“If we see the other side of this endless night, consider me your right-hand stallion. I’ll go with you to the East; Tephra is probably our closest friend in these dark times. Our mother saw to that, blessed be the winds that guide her.” He commented.

The thought of traveling to the isles interested Yan, though. He’d always wanted to visit… perhaps after he and Borderline returned, which reminded him:

“Borderline and I are heading out to finish the mountain’s quest soon.” The leggy chestnut tossed his head, dispersing the dimly-lit forelock that’d covered his eyes. “With any luck we’ll be back before the spring season ends, and Taiga will be host to new organisms.” He breathed the wish aloud, putting faith into each word so that it might manifest into reality. “Give us luck?” Yan asked of his brother, ears forward and expecting.

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 01-30-2021, 05:06 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 01-31-2021, 02:29 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 02-05-2021, 11:40 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 02-09-2021, 11:57 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 02-18-2021, 05:41 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 02-23-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 03-04-2021, 02:33 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 03-11-2021, 01:26 PM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Nashua - 03-26-2021, 11:01 AM
    RE: and its harder than you think - by Yanhua - 04-08-2021, 09:36 PM