• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'm baptised in your name, mazikeen
    ( THESE DAYS I DON’T PRAY WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES
    I JUST BITE MY TONGUE A BIT HARDER )
    Nothing good, she says, and finally swims into his field of view.
    White, like him, but kissed by darkness rather than ice.

There is a split second of indecision as he wonders if he should be frightened of her, too. But he understands on some visceral level that she is protecting him from something that he cannot identify. He does not know how to respond, so he doesn’t. Instead, he shrinks when she seems to burst into flames. He shrinks but he does not run, because he is young but he understands that she is the only thing standing between him and some greater threat.

He turns his focus the fire that swells around her but does not seem to touch her to the creeping darkness. His heart plummets into the pit of his gut when he sees it move, a shadow separate from the rest. A shadow that takes on real shape, like something living and breathing. Something hungry.

His breath quickens and he squeezes his eyes tightly shut. Everything in him wants to cry out with the fear that courses through him, paralyzing him, rooting him to that small circle of flickering light. Had he known that such terrible things existed? Had he known that the world he’d been born to was uniquely cruel? No. No, no.

There is a new sense of unease that claws its way up his throat. The creeping sensation that death will come for them. He can feel it like a rumor, a stone in the pit of his gut.

He opens his mouth to warn her but he can force out no sound before the monster descends upon him.

Selaphiel

@[Mazikeen]
    @[The Monsters] have at his light armor!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm baptised in your name, mazikeen - by Selaphiel - 02-08-2021, 08:45 PM