• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Cool with wasting my time [ANY]
    "Calavera!" 

My voice rings through the trees, a dart seeking purchase. Useless girl, I know she's here somewhere. The darkness cloaks the signs of any horse's passing, but the scents remain. Among the thick odor of rotting mulch and viscous sap, her childish sweet scent clings. This is a haunt of hers, alright. 

Wings pulled tight against my barrel, I slink between the close knit trees, eyes searching for the telltale palor of her coat. "Where are you, little weasle?" I snap, then come to a rather sudden halt. 

Voices, low in the dark, but there nonetheless. My direction shifts and I emerge on the scene triumphant. "Didn't you hear me calling?" I ask sharply, ignoring the young stallion for the moment. The pale girl shook her head, wide eyes catching what little light there was. 

"No, mother," she murmured, stepping uneasily in place. "I was... I was greeting him- um- what... What's your name?" 

My eyes roll back in my skull. "Please, forgive my daughter for her incompetence. Or don't." I swing to face the gangly youth, stern and haughty in the dark. "I am Sabra, and these woods are mine. Who are you, and why are you harassing idiot children in my forest?" 

My lithe figure is not an imposing one. Quite the opposite. There is an unseen electric current that runs through me though, that is often enough to give stranger's pause. If they don't stop in their tracks at the sight of my eternally bloodied chest, that is. 

"You don't move." I growl, noticing in the corner of my sight the slow, careful steps my daughter has been making. Attempting to escape, or to duck into one of the many hides she's created. I doubt she'll fit in them much longer, and then we'll see what she does without that cowardly option. 

@[Narcisus]

Messages In This Thread
    Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-08-2021, 02:50 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-08-2021, 04:44 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-09-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-10-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-19-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-28-2021, 07:28 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 03-10-2021, 02:11 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Sabra - 04-15-2021, 03:41 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 04-19-2021, 02:45 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Sabra - 05-03-2021, 04:13 PM