• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
    It didn't take long for the two loyal friends who were present, to agree that they needed more light and more warmth in the north. For a sovereign kingdom, the Isle was already a little odd choice, considering it's isolation by the sea - they didn't need to add that it was uninhabitable at all. Of course, the north had still wanted their king to be a dragon, and at the time the choice had seemed logical enough.

But then, those who learned to live with the cold had at least been able to find some food out there. With this eclipse, that all changed and I'd already noticed that even though I ate meat where I could to prevent myself from using up all the tough northern foliage, prey was having a difficult time too and would grow less and less abundant.

"As soon as we're allowed back up there," I'd told Nashua. I had slightly miscalculated the time it took to take the trip, with the three of us together instead of just myself and the (ridiculously) huge wings of a dragon, but here we were anyway. Again, as counted for me and Chem - and with Nashua physically present this time, too.

Last time I'd been in a hurry. This time I hope a calmer approach will give us what we need.

Light and warmth. There's a fire out there already, there is plenty magic around the place as well. I know because it's been part of that Cure they once made.

But do they have the time to spend their energy on us? "I wonder if we can do something about that eclipse in return," I voice softly - but I know I sound as dejected about it as I feel. I bet they need more than just a few men to do something about that.
    sink in the river the lessons I learned

@[Chemdog] & @[Nashua]
    first attempt https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=28632
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

(and it's harder than you think)
    telling dreams from one another

Leilan is the closest thing to a father that Nashua has known.

So when the Dragon Lord asks for help on a journey to the Mountain, the young pegasus agrees to follow him. Without hesitation. Without question. The striped stallion falls into step with scaled Freyr and another Islander and makes the rough journey to the place where Beqanna pumps out Magic like a heart pumps blood; the road to the Mountain is a vein, a source of life that they follow in hopes of bringing help to their beloved Isle.

There is peril in the climb (and Nash knows enough about this place not to just assume they could fly to the peak), but they take their time and Nashua is mindful of his steps. The blazed horse - normally conversational - has become quiet for the route and his mind mulls over everything he knows about the Mountain. He remembers visiting it once as a colt, when he had been testing the boundaries of his mother's territory and his ability to fly. It had given him a task and Nashua, with his stomach souring at the thought of taking something that didn't belong to him, had never returned.

His brother had; Yanhua had come back to Taiga without his Echoes and with the Eternal Night spreading all across this land.

He folds his wings against his sides and continues to follow until Leilan decides to stop.

"If we can bring light to the Isle," says the younger stallion to the older one, "maybe there is a way to bring it back to all of Beqanna." For now, they just had to wait.

NASHUA
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]