• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's a mystery to me; lilliana

Elena had told her once - (and she hears the palomino now in her memories, as if her cousin knew that there would come a day that Lilliana would be reluctant to share her past with others): 'Those stories are seared onto our skin, Lilli. They are ours but that doesn't mean we can't share them.' It takes her some time to untangle herself but the grief isn't as sharp as it once was. She had thought when she first came to Beqanna that who she had been in Beyond - the life she had lived there - was something better left in the past.

But now she knows that the past is always intertwined with the present; who she had been before had set her on the path of who she was now. The shadowy path she walks now with @[Wishbone] could be the trail that sets her towards tomorrow. Lilliana, careful not to get ahead of herself, focuses on the present with the pangare.

"This?" she murmurs playfully into the darkness, slowing their walk to tilt her head to the dark world that has surrounded them. Lilliana gives it a small shake and then smiles. The darkness itself doesn't scare her. After Neverwhere's disappearance and losing Brazen to childbirth, very little does anymore. Her family starving might be a concern but Borderline has been their savior in that regard. The creatures that roam another but the Freyr has the benefit of a dragonskin. He patrols as often - if not more - than the Guardian herself, to keep their children protected.

"How does Tephra fare?" comes when she quiets and the chestnut thinks of Wishbone's other brother (she knows there is another but she has never met Svedka). "And Warden?"

There is much to speak of and she listens as the taller mare speaks. Her smile emerges again - hidden by this infernal night that never ends - and a dimple forms on in the cheek that Wishbone gently brushes against. "And what about you?" she says back to the Tephran. "Wishbone, former Queen of Nerine who wouldn't be contained by Beqanna's borders. Defiant even against death itself."

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 02-16-2021, 05:05 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 02-18-2021, 02:15 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 02-23-2021, 06:41 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 02-26-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 03-30-2021, 08:06 AM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 04-02-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 04-12-2021, 09:11 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by lilliana - 04-25-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: it's a mystery to me; lilliana - by Wishbone - 05-27-2021, 01:39 PM