• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any
    He was always such a gentle boy. Coddled by a fiercely loyal and protective mother and fed adventures and goofy jokes by a loving father, Orville matured with a sweet, soft silliness most might poke fun at. It's that gentility of his that keeps him out of the monsters' shadows. Such unforgiving creatures not only frighten him, but carry something he is not sure he will ever understand.

Bitterness, anger, evil - he fears that more than death by monster tooth or claw (though such death certainly keeps him within his family's nest).

But such a large, tussling, teasing family sometimes drains the energy from Orville's typically bright bones; and when he's feeling dreary, and when he's feeling lonely, and when he feels as if he doesn't understand his own brain, he wanders into the darkness. At least there, amidst the choking shadows and hissing things, he doesn't have to understand being overwhelmed. He only has to focus on not knocking his head against branches and running from the monsters crouching at the gates of hell.

At first, Orville things the lilac glow is a creature in a more creative form: a siren so enticing with her silky voice. But as he draws closer to the river, thinking he is quiet enough to not disturb the monster if it is one, he begins to think it is another attempting to brave night. And as he draws closer, and closer, and closer, he can see the blood leaking from her chest to the river (there's poetry in that, a strong heart imbuing the water with its magical blood, and Orville thinks for a moment, there's poetry in that, blood meeting water).

"You're bleeding," he says, softly, voice lacing into the current of the water. He didn't know he was stepping into the river until he was, such certain strides pushing back rushing water. She stands opposite him, glowing Basilica, and he wants so badly to help her.

"You're going to bleed out," Orville says, still drawing closer, brow furrowing in the way it does when he does not understand.

@[basilica] this is weird here you go :3

@[The Monsters] plz mess with his immortality!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any - by orville - 02-24-2021, 11:14 PM