• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any
    Basilica
    A strange flickering catches her eye and she turns her head slow, blinking, to see that he has brought her the stars. They catch in her tail, in the tangles of her mane, and she smiles. What a wonderful dream this is, she thinks, her eyes closing heavy as her head falls back to center. 

And her eyes do not open again until he reaches out to touch her, just barely, nose to nose. It runs through her like an electric shock, kicks the breath out of her chest. But she opens her eyes slow, as if she were operating underwater, smiling still. Because dreams cannot die and he has brought her the stars, this dream boy, and dream boys don’t break your heart or tell you that you were never friends. 

She considers his question and draws away from his touch, arches her neck to press her mouth to the wound. The blood is real. Warm. So red. She sighs and turns back to him. “Isn’t it strange?” she asks him, the tone dreamy, otherworldly, so far removed from the strange reality of the situation. “The most peculiar balance of healing and a strong heart,” she tells him, searching his face, “they cancel each other out perfectly.” Still, she smiles. 

Just a dream, just a dream.

She drags in a shaky breath as he introduces himself and exhales such a soft breath of laughter. “Orville, my name is Basilica” she coos like a prayer. “Orville, you brought me the stars,” she whispers, “thank you.” 

She shakes her head, just barely. “I’m so tired,” she tells him, “I just need to rest. Just for a moment. When I wake up, I’ll stop it.

HEAVEN’S GATES HAD SUCH ELOQUENT GRAFFITI

@[orville]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any - by basilica - 03-13-2021, 08:29 PM