• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I can’t be sure this is my heart [Roselin]

Roselin can see the smile that her cousin wears and so she tries to lift hers.

If Memorie can find a reason to smile, so can she. The flaxen-maned girl shares that encouragement with Rose and the dark adolescent starts to glow with the warm feeling that the other has fostered between them. The light coming from her socks is not the only thing shining between them and soon the excitement that Mem has kindling in her kind smile is what has Roselin grinning with a wildfire one of her own.

Her blue eyes widen briefly as the chestnut filly starts to explain that plants have feelings; that they have emotions similar to their own. A more primitive version of them but Memorie has figured out how to fuel those emotions into plants and turn them into something that they might harvest here in Taiga. "Winds," Roselin exhales when her cousin is done explaining everything that she has learned.

@[Memorie] is brimming with all this information, so much that she dances.

Laughing, Roselin momentarily joins in and lifts one slender leg after another. It's a silly moment - one that doesn't bring them any closer to finding sunflowers or learning where Lilliana has gone - but it is a much-needed one. If the sun had still been shining, two fillies tossing up their heels and foolishly playing in the Taiga woods wouldn't have been out of place. But their current world is one about survival and almost every action is geared towards that goal. They survive but their current circumstances have left few moments for actually living.

"Okay," says Roselin with renewed energy. "Do you need a better one?" she suddenly asks, remembering that Memorie had said what Rose had recalled of the flowers hadn't been the best. It was a hazy, borrowed memory from one of Lilliana's stories. A vision of a land that she has never seen from an aunt that she has never met. "We could always ask Nash," Roselin suggests. "Or perhaps your dad. They both knew Aunt Elena and might have a better memory."

[Image: jck74A.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can’t be sure this is my heart [Roselin] - by Roselin - 04-18-2021, 06:57 PM