• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wake me when I fall

Grief is not an emotion that Mazikeen handles very well - which is a nice way to say she actively avoids it. Normally anger is there, ready to fill in the gaps and give her relief, but she can’t find anything to be angry with. The world and the unfairness of it is too broad of a target. There is nothing for her to fight when she gets mad at the world, mad at everything that has been happening, mad at the situations she’s been finding herself in.

She’d fight herself if she could, as payment for all her mistakes.

In the absence of anger and in the spirit of avoiding everything else that keeps trying to filter into her mind, Mazikeen continues her trek through Hyaline to find the residents and distract herself by tiring out her body as much as possible. Not much of the news she carries is good, but some of it is - and there’s one family in particular that comes to her mind. One that she is looking forward to finding.

She finds the boy, the angel that looks like he’s been crafted from winter itself, and she calls on her fire aura to light the air around them as she approaches - slowly, cautiously, aware that the last time they spoke they were both covered in her blood and not wanting to startle him. It is instinct to look him over now, see if he’s doing okay, and in the absence of any life-threatening wounds a smile lights up her orange eyes. “Hey! I don’t think we were properly introduced... you know, last time. I’m Mazikeen - or Maze, if you want.”

She thinks they've earned a bit of familiarity with each other after how they had met.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Selaphiel]

Messages In This Thread
    wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-07-2021, 08:20 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Selaphiel - 03-09-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-11-2021, 09:06 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Selaphiel - 03-13-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Selaphiel - 03-28-2021, 03:33 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-29-2021, 07:58 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Random Event - 04-01-2021, 10:44 AM