• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wake me when I fall

The edge of her smile twitches a little in amusement when the colt uses the longer form of her name instead of the short nickname. It doesn’t truly matter either way, she supposed. “Maze” just felt a little more friendly, and that suited her purpose for finding him. He seems tense, but she doesn’t think much about that - their first meeting hadn’t exactly been smooth.

She worries that day will haunt him, like her own memories of when she was his age, but that’s not something she knows how to ask. She barely knows how to deal with it herself - and maybe he is built of stronger stuff.

He offers two versions of his name as well - both far softer and gentler on the tongue than her own. When he mentions that Ryatah is his mother, Mazikeen nods - that part, at least, she knew. “I was looking for your mom, actually. I have some news to share with her but maybe you can tell her for me?” She asks with a small smile, attempting to make it sound like it’s a very important task that she’d only be able to trust with him. Once the words are out, she wonders if that's dumb. Are you supposed to talk to foals differently than you'd talk to adults? She's not sure she can handle another crisis, even if it is a mild one about interacting with children, so she pushes that down and forces herself not to think about it.

Although Mazikeen doesn’t really feel like smiling, she makes an effort - because this part of the news, the part she’s going to share with him, is good. Or, she hopes it will be because she wants so much to be able to share some good news. It’s such a small thing that she can do to repay Ryatah for saving her - but the chance that it could make this boy made of ice smile soothes away some of the guilt she has over changing this rule. It feels right.

In the orange glow of the fire, her expression is warm when she asks “Do you like living here in Hyaline, Sela?” She hopes he doesn’t mind her using the shortened form of his name, even if he didn't use hers.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Selaphiel]

Messages In This Thread
    wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-07-2021, 08:20 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Selaphiel - 03-09-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-11-2021, 09:06 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Selaphiel - 03-13-2021, 08:06 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Selaphiel - 03-28-2021, 03:33 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Mazikeen - 03-29-2021, 07:58 PM
    RE: wake me when I fall - by Random Event - 04-01-2021, 10:44 AM