• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're the world to me, stellaria
    Stellaria
    She’d thought of him every day since they parted. And since her wings had appeared earlier in the winter, he had been on her mind constantly. It had taken him longer to find her than she would have liked - she’d returned to the spot where they had met the very next day in the hopes that she might see his opal bright self again. But days stretched into a year and then the sky seemed to collapse.

Gone were the stars that Stellaria found peace beneath. This darkness is not the same as her beloved night, it is choking and reeks of death. She doesn’t return to the meadow as often - finding some solace with her vagabond father and the company of someone else to watch the shadows while she slept.

He had promised he would find her and she believed him. Though she wishes their time apart had been shorter it does not occur to her to worry - whether about his welfare or whether he found someone more captivating than her to speak his serious prose to. He will find her. So she keeps returning to the meadow to make herself easier to find - and one day she is rewarded. Worship is there and the rest of the world becomes even more muted as she focuses on him. Only him.

Stellaria is pleased when he closes the gap between them, when he touches her wings, and her vibrant blue eyes dance. She could purr beneath his attention if she were capable of it. She’s only grown bolder, and she moves her wings into his too-gentle touch as she greets him properly by reacquainting herself with the constellations of his skin as she brushes her muzzle against his cheek and neck while she speaks. “I did. Very recently, I woke up from a dream and there they were.” This is the truth, though she doesn't know exactly how that could have happened. She has no further explanations but she wants him to know that she didn’t, wouldn't, accept wings from anyone else.

She moves her muzzle to brush against his shoulder where wing meets flesh. They’re so close to one another but it feels so right compared to the absence of him in her life that had been just as uncomfortable as the lack of day and night cycle in the sky. She’d missed him.

“Will you still teach me?” She asks as she draws back to look at his golden eyes, a coy smile in her own gaze.

Stellaria would not accept a no to this question but she also doesn't expect one. The asking is just a formality for them both as they get reaccquainted.

@[worship]

Messages In This Thread
    you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: you're the world to me, stellaria - by Stellaria - 03-12-2021, 05:48 PM