• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're the world to me, stellaria
    WORSHIP
    They are young still but older now than they had been before.
    He burns where she touches him, where she traces patterns on his skin. It arrests the air in his lungs, the restless heart in the cavern of his chest. He can feel himself caving in. He can hardly breathe at all by the time she speaks. His head is swimming so fiercely that he can barely make sense of what she says. Surely he must have misheard her. She awoke from a dream to find them there? As if it had been enough simply to want them. 

It could be that easy, couldn’t it? Wanting to see her badly enough had led him to her, though he had been a dreadful fool to leave her in the first place. 

She goes on touching him but he cannot bring himself to touch her anyplace other than the tip of a wing. He so vividly remembers how she’d said that no one would touch her unless she allowed it. And it had not occurred to him that the rustle of her wing had been an invitation, a siren’s call. She is too precious a thing, he will not sully her with his dirty, unworthy mouth. 

No one deserves them more than you,” he murmurs into a dark feather and he draws away his touch just as she does. She meets his gaze and all the world drops dead. It does not matter that they are still immersed in this terrible darkness. It does not matter that the world is still full of so much uncertainty. She is the only thing that matters and he’d made her a promise and he knows now just as he had known then that he would keep his word, that he would never disappoint her. That he would lay down his life to ensure her happiness. 

Yes,” he says, urgently, swallowing thickly before continuing, “of course.” Does she understand that he will give her whatever she asks of him? Should he be frightened?

Now?” he asks, consumed suddenly by such a soft thrill at the idea of taking to the dark skies with her. 

you were the boat that breached in the tale of conrad
    oh, i loved you with the good and the careless of me
    but it all goes bad

@[Stellaria]

Messages In This Thread
    you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 03-28-2021, 02:07 PM