• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're the world to me, stellaria
    WORSHIP
    He remembers, in such vivid detail, the first time he’d laid eyes on her. How she had drawn the poetry out of his blood. How he’d thought he’d never see a finer thing as long as he lived but she’s standing in front of him now testing out her wings and there’s such a strange stirring in his heart. 

Would it be strange to tell her now that he loves her?
    Even if she were to laugh in his face, it would be enough just for her to know, he thinks.

But he doesn’t. Because he is a fool. Unworthy. Simple. Because he had promised her once that he would teach her to fly and she had willed herself a pair of wings and it had not occurred to him to go back on his word.

He nods but he does not smile. (Has he ever smiled? Sometimes his father worried that there was something wrong with the boy. Maybe the darkness of the dreams was too much.) He had not trusted his wings in the beginning but he had not thought himself destined for the stars either, not like her. He had questioned his place in the world until he’d realized that he belonged at her feet. 

He turns from her then and draws in a long, measured breath, trying to remember exactly what his father had told him. 

Just take a running leap,” he says, glancing at her, “give yourself to your wings.” He is still young, Worship, perhaps too young to be much of a teacher. “Like this,” he tells her and then lurches into a canter. His heart thunders in his throat, self-conscious, before he jumps and thrusts his wings downward, pushing himself up into the dark sky. 

you were the boat that breached in the tale of conrad
    oh, i loved you with the good and the careless of me
    but it all goes bad

@[Stellaria]

Messages In This Thread
    you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 05-19-2021, 09:50 PM