• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're the world to me, stellaria
    WORSHIP
    He is no great teacher, but she does not need one.
    It does not occur to him that she might fail at this either.

She, who dreamed these wings into existence.
    She, who forced reality to bend to her will.
    She, who caged lightning in his chest.

He remembers the dream, her dream. How no eyes dared turn upon her unless she allowed them to, so he does not watch. (How could he stomach it? How could he bear to witness the brilliance of it? And he will come to regret it, he will. Because there will never exist anything more beautiful than this, the moment she takes flight.)

And all the world stands still as they, for this singular moment in time, fly in tandem. As she breathes his name into existence and it’s as if he’s hearing it again for the first time. (It is different up here, without the weight of gravity, isn’t it? It is different amongst the clouds and the birds and the blessed stardust that still exists despite all this inescapable darkness.) 

How he aches to see her clearly. How he wishes for the sun, so fiercely in that moment that he almost believes himself responsible for it. Only for an instant as the pitch blackness splinters and then shatters completely, dousing them in so much light. It courses through him like an electric shock and he searches for her through that jarring brightness as he scrambles for solid ground, heart hammering chaos in the cavern of his chest.

It does not matter how the light burns his eyes as his feet return to the earth, he searches the sky for her, oblivious to the stars that have appeared on his chest. How they glow. How they have oriented themselves perfectly into the letter S.
    you were the boat that breached in the tale of conrad
    oh, i loved you with the good and the careless of me
    but it all goes bad

@Stellaria

Messages In This Thread
    you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 06-05-2021, 04:27 PM