• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  show me how to lay my sword down; any

i'm told that to be human i must stand still
    you can try your hardest, but i never will

She is no stranger to predatory natures, not blind to the madness of hunger. Though a feeling creature lingers beneath the face of the wolf, she is still a predator at heart. And when the stallion charges her, she cannot quite prevent the low warning growl that rumbles from her throat.

Sense prevents her from returning his aggressive posturing in kind even if she is not quite equine enough to prevent her own grumbling. Slipping quietly around the trunk of a nearby tree, she pads slowly through the shadows, giving him a wide berth. She should leave, she knows. Should leave him to a lonely meal and inevitable continued starvation. But she doesn't. Can't quite bring herself to.

When he has finally finished his meal and settled into a more comfortable silence, ears twitching with cautious curiosity, Ferran finally settles as well. A soft and tentative whuff escaping her lips, she slinks forward a few steps. Yellow eyes fixed on him, she pauses a healthy distance away.

For a long moment, she simply stares at him. Finally, with a slow caution, she settles onto her stomach. It's nearly impossible to count the minutes, but eventually her chin drops onto her paws, gaze still fixed on her new companion. A clear signal that she poses no threat.

It is undoubtedly foolish to imagine he might accept her help. But she is just foolish enough to try.

ferran

Messages In This Thread
    show me how to lay my sword down; any - by auric - 03-07-2021, 10:52 PM
    RE: show me how to lay my sword down; any - by Ferran - 03-29-2021, 06:28 PM