• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i loved and i loved, and i lost you; insane
    There is too much silence that follows her question, enough silence that the seconds change shape and become minutes, become hours. She is glad, for once, that she is blind. That she cannot see the look on the faces of those who stumble across her. She knows it must be gruesome, especially in the world Sorren has described to her, where there everything is always and forever dark.

That is a bad thing, apparently, though it’s all she’s ever known.
    Still, she does not think it would feel very nice to watch horror unfold across a beautiful, watching face.

She takes a breath, or at least it feels like she does, but there are no lungs to fill, no lips to part - and she nearly says something more but a new voice interrupts her. It is male and gruff, but she smiles inside herself because she knows that the monsters cannot speak, so he is not that. His wings settle, and she lifts her little face a little more as though she is searching for them, but it is the sound that warms her in its familiarity.

Many of her family have them. Her father and several siblings do. She has them, but they are tied to her sparrow form, something she has not tried to shift to in the dark. It’s not as though bone wings can fly. But his next question wounds her, and she inhales a little sharp, a little soft, a little hurt. “No.” Does it scare him to hear he speak from lips that don’t exist, from a face that is entirely bare bone and empty.

“My name is Splendora. I live with my family in Tephra, they aren’t beasts either. Though, father does get awfully grumpy sometimes.” She smiles again, though the bone is only still. She takes a step, neither closer nor further away, but the movement settles her nerves. “I’m sorry if I scared you, I can’t really see where I’m going.” Her voice is quiet again, the color of gray skies and rain, of forgotten things.

splendora

how can i put it down into words,
    when it's almost too much for my soul alone

@[Hurricane]
    @[The Monsters] please mess with her immortality and fear aura

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i loved and i loved, and i lost you; insane - by splendora - 03-29-2021, 05:38 PM