• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i loved and i loved, and i lost you; insane
    He tells her that she didn’t scare him, and it’s good that she has no lips, no face, no smile for him to see because she is not sure she believes him. “You were very quiet.” She points out, and she wonders if the smile is in the sound of her voice and the tilt of her delicate skeletal head when she searches the dark for him. “I can understand it if you were, I am quite terrifying.” His wings rustle again, and she fixes that empty gaze toward the sound of it, bobbing her head gently.

“It’s nice to meet you, Hurricane.” But she wonders if he will feel the same way, and some of the warmth inside her dims a little. Except there is something softer in the sound of his voice, something she imagines he made gentle just for her. “The monsters sound awful.” She admits, and when her feet move again it is to draw her closer to this new friend, close enough that a whisper is enough sound to share between them. But she misjudges the distance, and for a brief moment the bone of her face bumps into the soft warmth of his body. “Oh!” She says, momentarily breathless, shrinking back one single polite step. “I didn’t see you there!” And she wonders if he will cringe away from the soft sound of her smiling laughter, so amused by her own joke.

But then he asks about her family, and guilt is a storm lashing inside her chest. “I like to wander,” she says, and it suddenly feels like her chest is full of moss and ice, like there is something breaking inside her, something already broken, “my brother hates it, he would always have me stay by his side. But I want to know the world, I want to find new things. I want to experience everything that I cannot see, because otherwise it feels like I’m missing out.” She pauses, and the sound is a sigh that hangs between them, a cloud she cannot see. “I make Sorren describe everything to me, but I know it must bore him. So instead I come out here to discover it for myself. Like you.” Another pause, and her delicate bone face lifts as though she is searching for him. “Will you tell me what you look like?” A whisper.

splendora

how can i put it down into words,
    when it's almost too much for my soul alone

@[Hurricane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i loved and i loved, and i lost you; insane - by splendora - 04-02-2021, 10:25 AM