• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They won’t let me swim free
    don't be afraid of the fire, I'd never let you burn

Fiorina had not technically been working very hard at her job so far. Or, parts of it at least. Finding new recruits to boss around and train for Loess’ defences had not quite seemed so important as the darkness had stretched on and on. She spent most of her time patrolling and looking after her youngest set of troublesome twins.

It is amusing to think back on her last meeting with Oceane and how Fiorina had made a point to mention her offspring, alluding to those with armoured ridges and sharp teeth, but in reality, it had turned out to be two spotted foals with tendencies towards (harmless) mischief.

The light from her fire horns makes this meeting almost cozy as Fiorina regards the pair with her. She cannot help but scowl at the wings that adorn Tarian’s sides - though she makes some effort not to allow the expression to linger for long. It often feels like the fates mock her every time she’s forced to interact with someone with feathered wings. Her own bony appendages rattle slightly against her armoured sides but she focused on Oceane - on this meeting.

She notes with a veiled amusement how their queen lowers her voice when she speaks, as though they’re about to share some secrets. This huntress casts another glance around them but all her senses are telling them that they are alone. Tarian speaks first, drawing her attention back, and his observations are as uninteresting as her own. Aside from the perpetual darkness, Fiorina hasn’t found this to be a very interesting little interlude.

She hasn’t even had the chance to test her mettle against one of the shadowy creatures. All those she’s come near have shied away. Looking for easier meals, perhaps - but it was rather disappointing.

When it’s her turn, Fiorina would lament that she doesn’t have anything interesting to share - but she doesn’t mind. It’s better that way, probably. “I’ve nothing much to report - quiet is accurate. My main focus has been keeping the borders safe in the darkness. Encouraging any of those shadow beasts not to pester those within.” She doesn’t call them monsters - they’re not family.

art by Reitro

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 03-16-2021, 11:08 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 03-26-2021, 01:29 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Fiorina - 03-29-2021, 05:48 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 04-09-2021, 10:20 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 04-14-2021, 04:02 PM