• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  They won’t let me swim free

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Quiet.

The news confirmed by both Tarian and Fiorina comes as no surprise, though Oceane feels reassured nonetheless. While they grow accustomed to the absence of the sun’s diurnal travels, quiet is good.

And while their Vanguard remains scant, quiet is great.

The information Tarian provided them regarding Ashhal had piqued her curiosity, however, and she circles back to it after Fiorina has finished her own reporting ─ “Do you know the cause of his wound?” Oceane possesses no qualms or reservations in relation to housing those who require safety from whoever it is they may require safety from, but if the source of Ashhal’s problems is anything other than the shadow beasts now roving the whole of Beqanna, it’s best they all be aware.

She listens to Tarian’s reply intently, her ears pressed forward and amber eyes evaluating his expression in the firelight. When she is content with the information and they have determined whether any additional attention would need to be paid to Ashhal’s situation, the Loessian Queen guides the conversation toward the next topic on their agenda.

“I’d like you both to visit one of our protectorates. I’ve yet to hear from them since the shadow beasts arrived, and I had concerns about them even before that.” She’d only interacted with Noah and Sabra once since Lepis had died and she had taken Loess’ helm, but the opaline woman hadn’t been overly impressed in either instance. “Fiorina,” she turns her gaze to the xenomorph and offers a small, amused smile, “I think it would be best for you to be the one to visit Sabra in Sylva. She might prove to be a bit difficult to converse with.” She indicates to Tarian that that leaves him with Noah in the Pampas ─ she doubts that conversation will be eventful, if it even occurs at all. “I’d like to know how Sylva and the Pampas are faring, and your honest opinions of Sabra and Noah upon your return. I am comfortable here on my own for now, considering the recent silence, but I still ask that you return as soon as you can with your reports.”

@[Fiorina] & @[Tarian]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 03-16-2021, 11:08 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 03-26-2021, 01:29 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Fiorina - 03-29-2021, 05:48 PM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Oceane - 04-09-2021, 10:20 AM
    RE: They won’t let me swim free - by Tarian - 04-14-2021, 04:02 PM