• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

to start back where we ended; agetta

— I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night —

She’s watching him with concern burning bright in her heart, trying to figure out what has changed before he starts to speak. Her face is earnest, willing him to tell him something that she can fix. If she needs to fly somewhere and drag a healer back to him to fix something, if she just needs to be there with him.

At first, he speaks and her concern doesn’t waiver - it deepens one sentence (I don’t know what happened) and the next is pure shock (I don’t even know who you are).

Those dark blue eyes blink rapidly as she tries to figure out if she just heard that right - and she probably would have just ignored it, reasoned it away, had he not continued. Agetta swears she can feel her heart drop and when it shatters as he introduces himself. As if they had never met, as if everything between them did not exist and never had.

“This isn’t funny.” She tells him, her voice harsher than she’s ever used with him before but it cracks too as she can already feel the happiness begin to slip away - even though she’s desperate for the explanation that this is just some cruel joke. “I know who you are. We… we’ve been…” But she doesn’t find the words to describe what this last chapter in her life has meant to her. The time spent with him, waking up together each and every single day.

Please. You must know who I am.” Agetta does not consider herself a proud creature so there is no ego to bruise as her voice grows heavy with a pleading note as she reaches for him again. As if a touch could fix this.

Agetta

art by millionashes | table by laura

@[garbage]

Messages In This Thread
    to start back where we ended; agetta - by garbage - 03-21-2021, 04:17 PM
    RE: to start back where we ended; agetta - by Agetta - 04-15-2021, 07:14 PM