• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I think it's strange you never knew
    throw me in the water, don’t think about the splash i will create
    leave me at the altar, knowing all the things you just escaped

It is a dream, he knows that. There is no other explanation for the terrible beauty of it.
    Even in all this darkness. 

And he finds them the same way he found Sleaze and Sigrid.
    By accident. A fish hook in his gut. Hinged on a promise, guided by fate.

He finds them breathless and his heart is overwhelmed by what it finds.
    And it thinks, this is love and he understands that these are all of the things he doesn’t deserve and he goes to them so dreadfully happy that it makes his head swim. And he wants to kiss her head, his darling Avelina! And he does not resent her for this softness! 

He goes to them as quickly as his legs will carry him, so eager to be near them. But something is wrong, the fireflies are agitated and he can hear the way her voice breaks when she speaks to the child. 

The beautiful, beautiful child. Two stunning girls. 
    How could he have gotten so lucky? Certainly he does not deserve them. 
    He does not deserve any of them, Isakov. 

He touches her so gently, Avelina. Brushes his mouth against her shoulder just as she reaches for the girl and passes right through her and he knows. 

It’s all right,” he murmurs into her skin. “It’s all right.

As if this will be enough to soothe her troubled nerves.

Hello, little one,” he whispers to the girl. Perfect, beautiful, untouchable. Crying.
    We have to help your mother feed you, okay? Do you think you can help me?” he asks gently, lowering his head to look her steadily in her golden eyes. 

isakov

@[Avelina]

Messages In This Thread
    I think it's strange you never knew - by Avelina - 03-28-2021, 01:53 PM
    RE: I think it's strange you never knew - by isakov - 04-10-2021, 07:14 PM