• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  My burning sun will someday rise // any

i am catching my shadows like that
    the falling of forms, light making fantasies

Ilanya hasn’t known much of life beyond this unyielding darkness and her mother. When apart, the rainbows in her hair go untouched, unplayed with, and lay dormant like crystals dug into the earth. She misses her mother, but the world is wide and she has seen so little of it. She wants to explore.

In the distance, mountains shrouded in mist come together like angled, bony hands, cupping the world in their palms. There is no sunlight to shine off of them; they are but vague, far away shadows. Clouds roll serpentine and opaque up over fields of grass. There is a constant feeling of damp, wet dew on the ground, and Iyanla can barely see the outlines of hills in the darkness.

She is distracted from the heavy despondency of the permanent dark by a flicker of light. Curious, she moves along on spindly young-legs as the light flashes and flares again. She is so focused on following the light she doesn’t stop until she is almost struck by a blackened pinion, which digs the earth in disgust. Ilanya makes a noise of surprise and stumbles backwards, realizing there was another person there with them, just black as night and barely visible in the gloom.

A childlike positivity streaks through her. “I can do that too!” She cries in glee, and, fear forgotten, jumps up, and conjures a small, warm flame just beyond the tip of her nose, licking the air like a disturbed candle. Once she’s satisfied the stranger has seen it, she snuffs it with a sigh.

“My name is Ilanya. Who’re you?”with the absence of the light, the night is even darker now, and she can’t see the stranger at all. She can smell her, though, and hear her breathing, and that’s how she knows she hasn’t disappeared.

@[Sumara] | "Speech!" | i have not played a babychild in ten million years.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My burning sun will someday rise // any - by Ilanya - 03-31-2021, 06:04 PM