• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to break me clean it two
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

When Nashua asks if Gale has any children he will have been prepared for it by this moment, when he looks back and meets Mazikeen’s suddenly intent gaze.

He has the odd sensation that there might be a wrong answer to this question, but he dismisses it with the same shake of his head that answers the question. 

“No,” he adds, telling her that while his brothers and their broods might tease him for his romantic inexperience, he can at least know for certain he’s not risked passing on the Curse that runs in his blood. The smile that follows is bittersweet, but by now Gale has learned the cure to his distraction.

He takes a step nearer, so that his shoulder presses against hers, and enjoys the way the warmth radiates through him, hotter even than the sun on his bright coat.

Gale had once assumed Mazikeen to be rather experienced in the ways of love, finding it difficult to imagine such a marvelous creature did not have suitors left and right. He is still not sure that she doesn’t, for he has begun to suspect that she does not always see herself as the same wondrous being that Gale sees.

Though he intends to stay regardless of the answer, it occurs to Gale that perhaps he should be sure of things in this new home.

“Will I need to...to do anything to join you here? Go into a spirit cave, or have an initiation, or fight off rivals for your affections?” He’s not especially looking forward to any of those things, but he remembers learning of them, and of the importance in not seeming offended by the practices of others. 

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-02-2021, 10:21 AM
    RE: this is going to break me clean it two - by Gale - 04-11-2021, 01:22 PM