• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I want to tell you so many lies
    We stood on the cusp of dawn, and none of us knew it until we were blinded by the light. It makes my head ache, and for a day I could only snarl from the depths of my forest. It has, at least, been long enough that my locks are grown long again, and I am shocked but not displeased to see my request was answered after all. 

Vibrant, shimmering strands of rosy pink line my neck and croup. Bouncing with health, it's enough to break my sour mood. The sun is back. Fine. Now I can be admired properly again. 

Where better than the field, where lonely lost souls are already looking? It's not an awful long walk to that open space, but it feels like an eternity with the sun revealing all the violence darkness hid. Death is everywhere, in every facet of our world. Vegetation lies brown and rotted beneath my hooves, squelching with every step. There's a bloated young deer carcass lying by the way. Starved, most likely, and too weak to wait out the sun. My lips curl as I walk past it, eyes catching on the wriggling worms now occupying it's eyes. Calavera would love the pathetic thing, the odd girl. 

There's more decay in the field. A year or more of darkness will do that, you know. I tsk softly. "Couldn't leave a good thing be, could they?" I murmur to myself, broad wings drooping relaxedly by my flanks. There's precious few out in the open today. The darkness still has its hold, it seems, even if the sun has taken back his power. Still, the field isn't empty, not quite. 

My eyes set on a scowling beast, dark and apparently glued to the shadows of the stoney edge. A beatific smile illuminates my delicately carved features, the narrow lines of my face forming a jewel-toned portrait. Framed, of course, with rosy tresses that I toss lightly as I approach. 

"Awfully fucking bright out, isn't it?" I chime pleasantly. Too pleasantly, really, for a bone thin mare with a staff of wood splintering her breast. Funny how you get used to things, given enough time. 

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-05-2021, 09:08 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Sabra - 04-07-2021, 03:41 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-07-2021, 04:53 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Sabra - 04-15-2021, 10:41 AM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-16-2021, 12:51 AM