• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I want to tell you so many lies

Kiss me again
    Kiss me until I am sick of it

She’s prickly about the stake in her chest. He supposes he can’t really blame her. It’s quite the awkward conversation starter. The fae in his Meadow home would perhaps chastise him on such a rude opener but cmon… LOOK AT IT. Was he suppose to ignore the elephant in the room? His crimson gaze follows the trajectory of the blood that falls to the ground before her, watches as it stains the brown thin strands of grass at her hooves. He misses the tic of her eyes, the way she looks him over with her reckless gaze, assessing. Thoughtful. Prying.

What are you looking for? Such a loaded question. He’s not sure he’s looking for anything. He’s not sure he’s not constantly looking for something. Why was he in the Field? Boredom really, a change in scenery. He wasn’t expecting to be recruited. Or kidnapped. What are you looking for? The question seems to ring in his ears as he raises his head and looks directly into the fractured blue of her eyes. It’s like he’s drunk again but drunker then he has been in a long time. Slightly confused, dizzy. There’s more words, that voice in his head. His tongue suddenly feels thick and dry, the red of his once blazing iris’s become slightly glossy.

Help him find it… Find what? Was he searching for something? Yes.. Perhaps he was. His fae family were always scolding him for his lack of purpose, his shitty attitude, his blasé disregard for everyone around him but most of all himself. He was always going to be different in his normality and that was the worst kind of different. Standing out for all the wrong reasons. Some might crave power for security, some might want respect or titles. He had once been a Tephra prince, if that’s what he had craved… He could have surely taken it. But that’s not what his dark little heart wants, not really. What he wants is to not feel so useless. What he wants is the love that’s always been out of reach, that he doesn’t deserve. What he wants is to not be so powerless. What he wants… What he wants…What he wants is to not be so god damn different.

I can help you find it… A soft song in his curved ears, a dazed grin on his lips. There’s a warning somewhere in the back of his head. Something about a thicket in the Meadow, familiar to him. Little fae people with their thin wings and no nonsense care, always hard in their truths because they cannot lie. That was home wasn’t it? Yet there’s a song in his ears that speak of dark woods and darker trees and some pull on his withered heart of finding a path to what he truly desired.

There’s a mare with a stick in her chest and she’s the start of the path. That’s what the fog says in his head, that he needs to follow her to find it all. Stumbling all over again, he does.

Obscene

@[Sabra] Since he's partying in Icicle Isle I figured this could happen after that timeline wise lol.
    I'm fine if you want to continue this in Sylva <3

Messages In This Thread
    I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-05-2021, 09:08 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Sabra - 04-07-2021, 03:41 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-07-2021, 04:53 PM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Sabra - 04-15-2021, 10:41 AM
    RE: I want to tell you so many lies - by Obscene - 04-16-2021, 12:51 AM