• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

standing by the river watching my bridge burn down; capture

Light.

He had braced himself and turned his eyes skyward when the veil dropped, ready for daemons or monsters or some new terror.

But nothing had happened.
    Just birds and sunshine and gentle summer rain.

The flames along his crest and dock had returned, cracking over the few inches of hair that had begun to grow back when the eclipse had smothered them. Then the sun had begun to travel across the sky as if the darkness were only a dream. He was still on edge. He had lived through too many years in this place to feel at ease when Beqanna was rearranging herself. So he shakes the sleep from his bones and begins to walk, following the sun south and listening for whatever the powers that be would throw at them next.

But no gods or monsters were to be found, and instead, he sees a mare.

He is going to let her go - unwilling to break the silence he had adopted after Sumara left - until something pulls on the threads that hold his heart together. It's a familiar ache, even if he hasn't felt it in years. The scent she carries causes his mismatched eyes to close, and he takes a moment to let the feeling pass. The Beach. He can almost feel the ghostly fog and Rapture's cold skin, her tears, and the weight of her head as she wept.

It's from this pace that his voice reaches out to the stranger, dampened by the river air and soft rain that falls around them, a low rumble quieted by its disuse.

"I'm Levi," he hesitates, unable to shake the feeling the scent she carries gives him, "is there something I can help you find?"

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.
    [Image: BQLevipagedoll-DONE.png]