• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know it goes from bad to worse

Hadn’t Mazikeen been in a good mood a few short moments ago? She’s pretty sure she was - when she was sunbathing and keeping her worries as far away from her mind as possible, which had been easy to do. Now, her worries are still far away but it’s not warm sunshine filling up her mind, it’s growing irritation. Firion informing her that he doesn’t believe that she was glad he was alive inspires a few more of the glowing markings to appear on her white coat, feeding off of the growing anger, and then that damn wink inspires a few more. This is new to her, these glowing markings displaying her anger, and as she narrows her eyes at the golden stallion she doesn’t notice them.

She’s lost whatever ability she once had at keeping her emotions out of her expression, having them also display on her coat just seems cruel.

She thinks about how once she’d managed to get a true laugh out of him, and how nice that sound had been. The laughter he greets her with now doesn’t sound that way. Mazikeen almost wishes she hadn’t shifted back into a horse so she could dig her claws into the soft earth just to have something to hold onto with them. She doesn't want to attack him again - she knows how badly she'll feel afterwards and she's already losing the battle with letting her irritation show, she doesn't want it to get worse.

How is it years later and she’s still so easily needled by him while he stands there with that stupid lazy smile, as unaffected by her as always.

When he asks what trick she’d like to see, she doesn’t think it’s a genuine offer. Mazikeen is powerfully curious about what else he can do, and yet instead of a real request she quickly snaps out the first thing that comes to her mind “Shoving that smirk up your own ass would be a great place to start.” And once the words are out, a little bit of that smile returns to her burning gaze.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    I know it goes from bad to worse - by Mazikeen - 04-07-2021, 09:25 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 04-07-2021, 11:38 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 12:47 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 02:30 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by Mazikeen - 05-21-2021, 03:07 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 02:17 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 03:05 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-28-2021, 02:24 PM