• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know it goes from bad to worse

Mazikeen begins to see red when Firion smirks back at her, quipping about how he’s been nothing but pleasant and the fiery markings on her back return - burning bright. Her lip curls back in annoyance and distaste at this rewriting of their history, even as she starts to doubt what she believes. Her faith in her ability to know how things have happened has been rocky lately - she’s currently being eaten by doubts that Gale hadn’t meant it when he said he loved her, that the version of their history where he thought her not worth his time was the true one after all.

No, she could not have possibly misinterpreted her last few handful of meetings with Firion that badly. And she tries to remember now how she had gotten under his skin last time, tries to remember where she can push to needle him so that he can no longer (successfully) do the same to her.

But whatever remark she might have made is interrupted by him mentioning that his mother is an angel. Her annoyance falls away and her markings extinguish once more. She tilts her head, taking him in - trying to see the similarities. Maybe there are other angels, but Mazikeen has never seen or heard of them - she only knows of two, and one of them is a young colt. Your mom is Ryatah? She asks, incredulous.

He can’t really be related to Selaphiel, someone she had protected until there was nothing left in her, and he certainly cannot be related to the mare who had given life back to her that same day.

At his response to her question about death, she winces a little - wishing he had responded with something other than raw honesty. She didn’t know what to do when he spoke to her like that except answer in kind, like it's drawn out of her against her will. “I knew it did for me I just…” She shakes her head, knowing how stupid her hopes that death or pain didn’t affect him were. “I didn’t think there was enough of a soul in you for it to matter.” Which isn’t quite the truth, and she frowns as she says it, but it’s close enough that she does not try to take it back.

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    I know it goes from bad to worse - by Mazikeen - 04-07-2021, 09:25 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 04-07-2021, 11:38 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 12:47 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 02:30 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 02:17 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 03:05 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-28-2021, 02:24 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by Mazikeen - 05-28-2021, 02:51 PM