• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know it goes from bad to worse

Is that a real laugh? Her ears twitch a little at the sound. Atrox and Ryatah. She didn’t know much about the panther, except that she had often been tempted to (playfully) harass him when she was younger and the pack had first moved into Hyaline. And lately, her method of leading the kingdom so far had been making a point not to interfere with the lives of anyone else living there, she was there guarding the borders and she’d be there if they needed her and that was the extent of it. So she knows of his parents more than she knows them at all, despite the fact that the first time she spoke to Ryatah the angel had been stained with Mazikeen's blood.

Mazikeen doesn’t step back when the shadows explode around him, though her eyes do widen - in surprise, and in confusion. Was that anger, much like the fiery markings that appear on her back? She wonders whether he’s pissed that he hadn’t been the one to do it, though if the glimpses of his tricks are any indication, he certainly could if he wanted to. She doesn’t like not knowing what’s behind the brightness of his eyes. Doesn’t like how a bit of her heart aches at the response to her jab about his soul.

So instead of thinking about either of those things she answers his question honestly.

“Twice now.” She states simply. “The first was not long after we first met, actually. When I was young and stupid. In the forest, something… something found me. I still don’t know what it was, but it was bigger and stronger than any of the shapes I could take. Guess I didn’t taste too great though, there was enough of me to patch back together.” There’s no humour in the smile that shines in her orange eyes when she says this. “The second was during the eclipse. One of those creatures got too close to a colt… your brother, I guess. I didn’t have my shifting so things got a little messy.” She angles her body and gestures with her head to the mess of scars on her belly, one of the places where she had been torn open. “I killed it, but defense isn’t really my strong suit so it got me too.” This inspires a little laugh though again, there is no humour in it. Because it’s true. She never guards herself as much as she should - in anything.

That’s probably why she’s actually standing here, talking to Firion instead of guarding herself from whatever barbs are coming her way for sharing these pieces of her. Her deaths.

“Your mom ended up saving me.” This time her smile is more genuine, gratitude for the healing she had received - for the new, potential friend she had found in Selaphiel because of it. “That’s how I know her. I live in Hyaline too.”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    I know it goes from bad to worse - by Mazikeen - 04-07-2021, 09:25 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 04-07-2021, 11:38 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 12:47 AM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-21-2021, 02:30 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 02:17 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-22-2021, 03:05 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-28-2021, 02:24 PM
    RE: I know it goes from bad to worse - by firion - 05-28-2021, 04:26 PM