• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a sky full of song
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

“I only let them get a small taste,” he replies, and this time he does raise and resettle his hind leg. It’s not a conscious movement, the adjusting of his pale gold foot, and it reminds him of the day - perhaps night - when he’d lost it. It’s not something he wants to think about though, and there are many better thoughts with which to distract himself.

Nashua speaks of plant mages, and Gale nods, glad that the residents of the forest had not gone hungry. He wonders what a plant mage might do here in Islandres, where the plants are already the most wonderful, but before he gets far with that line of thinking he notices the frown on his brother’s face.

Not a frown at him, he knows, but rather toward the absent girl.

“Erne is watching her,” he tells his flaxen-haired sibling reassuringly. No harm will come to her that Gale is not immediately aware of.

“Did I hear ‘we’? Found someone worth settling down with, then?” He is happy for Nashua, and it shows in his curious question, and the interest with which he listens to his brother tell him of his family back in the redwood forest. At the mention of children of his own and krakens, Gale shakes his head with a laugh.

“Aedan and Vita might have one about her age.” The brindle suggests, uncertain exactly how old Elegance might be. Something occurs to him now, as he adjusts his own sight to double check that the young filly is not getting up to anything troublesome as she explores.

“About how long does it take for one to get that big?” Gale asks curiously, refocusing his blue gaze back on his younger brother. With three children, this seems like something that Nashua will know, and is something that Gale hadn’t really thought much about until he’d begun contemplating a bucket list.

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-07-2021, 06:18 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-07-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-08-2021, 07:17 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-09-2021, 07:54 AM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-10-2021, 06:24 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-10-2021, 09:30 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-11-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-12-2021, 01:05 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Nashua - 04-14-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: a sky full of song - by Gale - 04-14-2021, 10:47 PM