• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hows your heart after breaking mine?

Tarian suspects that most horses have been dreaming of the sun since it went dark.

And while the gray stallion is happy to see it again, that he can finally appreciate the red spires of Loess and he can see the vibrant blue of the sky, what he is waiting for is the night. After he has completed his duties - another patrol to make sure no new faces are lurking around the Loessian border - Tarian spreads his wings and takes to the clouds the moment that dusk bruises the sky. There are hues of pinks and purples bleeding across the horizon and while he soaks up every moment of it, he finally sees what he was waiting for: a star.

There is one and then two and suddenly a smattering of them across the sky and his appreciation turns into a broad grin (one that of course nobody can see up here). His blue eyes dart from star to star, tracing the constellations he can still remember from his youth, and the legends that surround them come surging back. Tarian thinks that he could he spend hours up here with them, climbing higher and higher.

If only the heavens were an attainable height.
    And if only he could stay in the air for so long.

But even an accomplished flyer as Tarian has to land, to rest. It is dark again - like it had been for almost a year in Beqanna - but there are stars in the sky above and the gray pegasus breathes easily because of it. He keeps looking up, as if he was looking for one in particular. (And a part of him is; Tarian will never forget the girl he loved and how she chose the heavens instead of him). She's up there somewhere, he's sure of it. He wonders briefly if she knew of the darkness, if it had swallowed the stars wherever they had gone.

Foolish, Tarian thinks of himself.

A sound distracts him from his thoughts and the pale stallion - unaware of the faint glow starting to emanate from him - turns his head, searching for it. "I hope your not a monster," he calls out to whoever is nearby. "I'm told I was far too charming for them to eat."

@[jenger] throw somebody at him <3