• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  that day even the sun was afraid of you; sam pony
    elodie
    Magic.

If she could swallow all that moonlight, she thinks, she would.
    If she could let it light her up from the inside, she would.

It shatters around them, illuminating the air, and the fireflies scatter in such delirious frenzy. But she cannot take her eyes off him. (Is it wonder or is it something else?) For a moment, all she is aware of is how her heart beats sideways in the cavern of her chest and how the shafts of light catch in his eyes. 

But she is a simple thing, Elodie. So easily taken by magic.

And he smiles at her and she thinks this must be magic, too.

The answer is so plain. Too plain. Yes, of course she likes it. Can he not tell by how clearly he has rendered her speechless? Arrested the air in her lungs? Look at this breathless wonder! In her face, there is something trapped. In the expression something caught between a smile and a frown. Glee and confusion. 

(How can she dwell on how alone she has been when the moon had missed her? How can this be the only thing she cares about when it had bent down and sung so sweetly to her? How can anything else at all matter when he had saw to it to make it so?)

Who are you?” she asks finally, still so terribly quiet. 
    Does she hesitate to ask it because she does not truly want to know?
    Does she know that she will not be the same in knowing?

and if i go, i’m goin’ shameless
    I’ll let my hunger take me there

@[firion]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that day even the sun was afraid of you; sam pony - by elodie - 06-04-2021, 11:44 AM