• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  its all up in the air and we stand still
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale has just taken a large mouthful when he hears the sound of hooves. He chews and swallows by the time the horse comes into view, and even without the magic of his Sight he recognizes his younger sibling.

There is a long tuft of hair growing from the chestnut’s chin, and though Gale had only Seen it as an adolescent sprout, it looks much less out of place on Yanhua’s face as an adult. He’d not noticed the glowing in his briefly borrowed vision from Nashua, but even in the daylight there is a glow to the stallion’s hair, and even something shimmering about his sides.

He already knows who Yanhua is, but the title that follows after isn’t one he’d expected. It takes him a moment to remember that the Guardian is their leader, and the realization is plain on his blazed face, as is his appropriately respectful nod.

Yanhua does not know him on sight, but Gale doesn’t expect him to. There’s not quite a chance to introduce himself between the other’s welcome, but the welcome is effusive enough that he doesn’t even notice, and warm enough that Gale is smiling without even realizing it by the time he mentions the Eclipse.

“This is my first visit,” the brindle admits, “And I do like snacks.” He’d spent most of his first years on Islandres eating everything he saw, after all, and it is hard to dislike anyone who so freely offers refreshment to a stranger.

“My name is Gale.”

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: its all up in the air and we stand still - by Gale - 04-08-2021, 09:59 PM