• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  out of your head

I can see the fire's still alight

Once upon a time in a land far away from this one, Tiberios had come across another magician. He had little to no inclination that Beyza was one, so different were her mannerisms and casualty compared to the encounter he’d experienced years ago, and he’s forgotten the name of that magician as well - though he’d be hard-pressed to forget the way he’d been bound by chains and made to suffer while one of his daughters looked on. Time is good at blurring the lines, making things seem less significant, or perhaps it was Tib that grew to encompass them.

Either way, he holds nothing against Beyza. Not her lack of movement, or her stillness in comparison to the shifting world around her. She was as perfect a horse as Tiberios had ever seen, which was a solid compliment since his father had been a literal angel. If she had faults (he couldn’t help but smile to himself) they weren’t apparent to him. Besides, she’d just spent the last hour or so listening to his pity party.

If that wasn’t a power in and of itself, Tib wasn’t sure what was.

He finally looked at her. Really took her in without speaking, studied the imperceptible edges of her face that (to him) held no solid shape. She seemed to glow even in the scattered sunlight, felt more like an idea or an entity rather than a living, breathing creature, and in that small aspect she reminded him of Tiphon. He believed her when she said his past and present predicament wouldn’t be held against him.

“As if it were yesterday.” Tiberios smirked at last.

He blinked away a sudden pain, like the one you get from keeping your eyes open too long, and continued. “I was on my way to the Dale.” His story both began and ended. “The path took me across the beach and I noticed something… more like some horse, eating the flesh of the dead.” His expression darkened. Tiberios was there, now, drawn back to that time and place where everything had gone awry for him.

“I confronted them. Him; I’m almost certain it was a stallion. He was the strangest color: a noisy clash of greenish blue on the top that faded down into a darker blue on his legs. It took only a second because I hadn’t been expecting it, but I rushed him. He shifted into an animal, a wolf. A hulking, black wolf that lunged at me and caught me by the throat. We went down together and I should’ve burnt him then.” Tiberios cut off, frowning as he came back to the present.

He sighed. He’d just let slip his own ability but Tib was far from caring. “I was worried about killing him. In the struggle he got the upperhand and I died, heavy with an unfulfilled spirit.” He chuckled sarcastically, trying once again to meet Beyza’s eye.

“It would be easier if I could show you, or give you further explanation but I can’t. I was kind of hoping that perhaps your parents might know a horse who fit that description.” Tiberios admitted sheepishly. “My only point in living is to find this asshole, so I’m grasping anything I can.”

@[Beyza]

Messages In This Thread
    out of your head - by Beyza - 04-08-2021, 02:38 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 04-09-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 04-13-2021, 04:14 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 04-19-2021, 01:47 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 04-28-2021, 07:24 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-04-2021, 10:51 AM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 05-08-2021, 07:23 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-14-2021, 12:07 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Beyza - 05-18-2021, 04:12 PM
    RE: out of your head - by Tiberios - 05-21-2021, 11:08 AM