• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  something has changed within me
    Helion had been born into darkness, but it had been such a fleeting thing that his young mind has already forgotten that there were days when the sun didn’t blaze above and within him. Daytime feels so completely natural that it is now inconceivable that there could have been a time when anything else existed.

Helion enjoyed the face that his dad made earlier when he very casually wandered off - Mesec hadn’t tried to stop him, but there had been a rather obvious frown and some words of concern shouted just as Helion had picked up his pace. Wasted words - because though Helion loved his family very much, there was an entire world he was eager to explore and no sense of danger to reign him in from sticking his very shiny nose where it did not belong.

The pale gold colt, shining a soft golden glow that’s nearly invisible in the bright sunshine, fake-spooks at some flowers, pretending their pollen is the danger that his dad is worried about. He’s having a good laugh to himself about this when something shiny catching in the sunlight draws his attention. It’s a girl, with fins!

There’s no hesitation or debate before Helion trots over - his youthful voice calling out as he crosses over the grass to get closer. “Hey! Hey you! Are you a fish?" Helion's not sure how he feels about fish, but he supposes if they're all this pretty they're probably alright.

HELION

@[Moira]

Messages In This Thread
    something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-09-2021, 05:34 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-11-2021, 10:22 AM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-11-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-15-2021, 08:47 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 04-18-2021, 04:25 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 04-27-2021, 05:57 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 05-12-2021, 07:32 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Helion - 05-28-2021, 01:56 PM
    RE: something has changed within me - by Moira - 06-11-2021, 08:27 AM