• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  that's all i've got to say, any

YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS

Aela hadn't quite thought that a Magician would be so willing to agree to her proposition but here she is, taking a few measured steps towards the ice maze with the Freyr of the entire North as her companion. It wasn't an entirely bad start to her time here and even if this festival lacks the entertainment that Aela is seeking, something in her thinks that the Dragon Lord might compensate well enough.

"Did you?" she counters with a bemused expression to Leilan when he boasts that he had built the ice maze. It's not an easy feat but not entirely daring, she thinks, for a land surrounded by it.

But Aela leads easily enough because she has never been the kind of mare keen to follow anyone. If anything, the way she steps out in front of the bay roan attests to this. The palomino is accustomed to others following her and her confident stride speaks louder than anything she might have said.

The first few rounds of the maze doesn't reveal much; a dead-end comes quicker than she anticipated. However, Aela had made a deal and she expects Leilan to keep his end of the bargain so she must keep hers. When they reach the first blocked path, the gold-striped girl glances at the draft stallion. Her expression is not an amused one but Aela lifts her head and gives what she has agreed to. "I chose Pangea because it was nothing like the North," she explains to Leilan. She feels like that is enough of an explanation for the dragon-shifter so that she doesn't need to add that her nurse-mother has taken up residence there. That Pangea is where Beyza and Kensley live and so it makes the canyon territory feel the most like home for Aela.

They turn around and travel through a few more paths until a plane of smooth ice is revealed. An image of the scaled stallion and the young mare turns her blazed face towards the Freyr, beaming at their reflection as her blue eyes catch it. She makes this still seem like such a silly game when she asks, "tell me something about you nobody else knows."

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-10-2021, 09:27 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 04-16-2021, 03:47 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-17-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 04-20-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 04-26-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 05-12-2021, 07:03 AM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Aela - 05-12-2021, 05:45 PM
    RE: that's all i've got to say, any - by Leilan - 05-22-2021, 09:42 AM